Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Charging your car at home.

In message , at 15:31:12 on Wed, 18 Mar
2020, NY remarked:
I have a double garage. I measured the new car. It's too wide to fit
either side.

It doesn't help that many so-called double garages are just two single
garages joined together - ie they still have single-garage apertures
and separate doors, with a huge pillar between, rather than a
double-width aperture and door. I suppose the advantage of two singles
is that the doors are not as heavy (though any reputable garage door
should have its weight almost compensated by springs or counterweights)
and they can use two shorter RSJs rather than one longer RSJ - at the
expense of losing the advantage of having a double garage.

It's actually a planning rule, because they think that garages with two
doors like that look less industrial than ones with a single massive
door.

--
Roland Perry