Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY manuals - are they still a thing?

On Tuesday, 17 March 2020 14:22:02 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
NT

I got one from Lidl. It's pathetic & never used.

Well that should teach you :-)

It has, I've never bought another parklife tool from Lidl. I've never had a patheticness problem with Aldi tools, though too many have failed.

NT

Very rare for any Lidl power tool to be useless. And if it is, you have a
three year money back warranty...

(My Makita ones are *very* good and used extensively)

I'm still using my tiny makita as recommended on here yonks ago, and is as
amazing now as then.

I did buy a Lidl cordless impact driver fairly recently. But it's the size
of a cordless drill and really made for nuts and bolts and takes sockets.
It made short work of undoing the crank pulley bolt on the old Rover,
which is extremely tight - about 130 lb.ft when tightening.