Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lenovo B50-30

On 16/03/2020 14:16, #Paul wrote:
John wrote:
Also, what is the best version of Linux for a Lenovo 310 laptop
as there are so many?

As you have seen, lots of people recommend Mint. I use Slackware
myself, but that's not suitable for everybody; although sometimes
Debian if it's not a machine I need to micromanage.

I am not familiar with Mint, but for a low powered laptop, the
choice of window manager can be important. I tend to recommend
xfce as one that will seem friendly enough but will not overtax
your system, as e.g. kde or gnome might.

#Paul

This is also a very useful video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T_70MApHaA

--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people by telling poor people that "other" rich people are the reason

Peter Thompson