Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lenovo B50-30

On 16/03/2020 12:17, John wrote:
I would strongly advise you burn a DVD with a live linux and checck
that boots OK before you remove the DVD

I have no DVD, only a slot, which can take an extar drive if I want.

Ah.
Id put a DVD in it. Easier to boot/install from that. I thought all
lenovos had dvd drives in them

I would further advise you to get a USB caddy for the existing drive nd
put the SSD in the laptop.

You lost me.

You can get a drive enclosure so you can take the existing drive OUT
and turn it into a USB drive. Then put the SSD back in its place in the
laptop.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ORICO-Drive.../dp/B00B0RD2RA

--
There is nothing a fleet of dispatchable nuclear power plants cannot do
that cannot be done worse and more expensively and with higher carbon