Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Lenovo B50-30

I have 4 GB RAM.

It has been suggested that I install an SSD in the DVD drive slot, make that the run drive with the existing HDD as the slave or a USB? That so? Easy to do in set up?

Fitting the SSD is easy enough with a caddy frame for it, however it is the setup that is always gives problems.

Will the drivers work un a Linux (UNIX) type of OS. etc?

Also what version of Linux as there are many?

I have had a belly full of this Windows tripe. I have never had any version of Windows work properly over any length of time - they are all wonderfully fast when new, with performance becoming unworkable over time. All versions quickly became bad.

I suppose using Linux some apps can't be used, like WhatsApp web, etc. A small penalty though for a fast usable laptop.