Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY manuals - are they still a thing?

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Yup, I don't recall seeing many of his programs (A bit before my time
really), but the prowess with the Yankee driver did stick in my mind. I
recall using one for the first time, and being a bit disappointed :-)
But then, I had not appreciated then that for the TV shows all the holes
were pre-drilled, and they had rehearsed the build first - so the screws
already knew where they were going!

To be fair, the studio carpenters in TV used them a lot - to say
strengthen a set after building, and where it wobbled etc. Drove screws
straight in with them. Am told the change to pozidrive cut down on minor
injuries considerably.

But I was never able to make one work like that. ;-)

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.