Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kellerman[_3_] Kellerman[_3_] is offline

Default Torx masonry screws

On 12/02/2020 16:22, Bert Coules wrote:
The job is now (almost) done.Â* Annoyingly, one of the three Rawlbolts
isn't biting: I suspect that the hole in the masonry ended up just
slightly too large to prevent the fitting from rotating.

I can't withdraw the loose fitting to investigate without removing the
baseplate and I can't do that without completely removing the two
successful bolts; and I'm reluctant to do that in case doing so weakens
the hold of their fittings.

Perhaps just two of the three bolts will be enough...

If you've used say "red" rawlplugs - tap a "yellow" one into the
rawlplug in the wall. That will jam the "red" one in place and allow the
screw to grip. In a previous life I fitted curtain rails and pelmets for
my ex-wife. That (not the ex-wife - so much!) could be a challenge as
the curtains were heavy and often needed to support the weight of a
cat/toddler hanging onto them. :-)

--
Blow my nose to email me