Mary Shafer

Default Shelf

On Mon, 03 May 2004 20:28:25 GMT, Jo
wrote:

I've seen (on home improvement shows) shelves that hang with hidden
brackets (ex: Mount a 2x4 onto a wall and slip the shelf over it and
secure from top (obviously, the shelf is about 4" thick). I've also
seen (again, on TV) shelves that look like you screw supports into a
wall (short tubes?) and slide the shelf over them and secure.

Where can I find something like this or do I need to build my own?

There are shelves with no visible means of support in the Hold
Everything catalog in a variety of styles. I have always assumed that
some sort of bracket gets attached to the wall and the shelf itself is
slipped over or onto that bracket. Sort of like towel racks, in other
words.

The Exposures catalog has shelves like this, too. I think Pottery
Barn might, also.

The shelves are very stylish these days. I'm going to get some in
teak to put airplane models on in my dining room.

Mary