Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Adding wireless Boiler stat

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
On 12/03/2020 19:37, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
On 12/03/2020 12:27, AnthonyL wrote:
On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 06:20:51 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

Please update. I appear to have the same setup as you and would
like=20
something smarter without overdoing it.=20

In particular how easy or otherwise to remove the timer mechanism.=20

Our boiler is in a back utility room extensions so the wireless
signal=20
as a way to go as well.=20

I can only speak for the Hive system but should imagine other smart
systems=
are pretty much the same. The basic system consists of the wireless
therm=
ostat that communicates with a receiver that is wired to the boiler
and a h=
ub connected with CAT5 to the router and communicates wirelessly to
the rec=
eiver. If you do not intend to use the app to control the system or
over th=
e internet then the hub is not required. The receiver only needs to be
plac=
ed where it will receive a signal from the thermostat and likewise the
hub =
but needs wiring back to the boiler.

In our instance the router is in the hallway and so is the hub and the
rece=
iver, the receiver is wired through the wall to the boiler which is
situate=
d in an airing cupboard in a bathroom off the hallway. As for the
thermosta=
t that can be fixed permanently to a wall or mounted on a stand and
taken t=
o different rooms. I have tried it in various locations and it has not
fail=
ed to communicate despite all internal walls being of block
construction.

Thanks. Our router is in the middle of the main house but not the
extensions. If I take a laptop/smartphone to where the boiler is I
lose connectivity. The extension is flat roofed into the bungalow and
getting wires from one to the other is not easy. The bungalow is
fully carpeted and the attic fully floorboarded. Might have to resort
to a powerlink device.

I have one in my study (another extension) which works - most of the
time.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wish you wouldnt fart in here. You must be onto the beans in your static
hovel.

got plenty of tins of beans...they are the new currency ....

Not here, its dunny rolls now with all you ****ty people around.