Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default electrical experts please

On 10/03/2020 22:15, John Rumm wrote:
On 10/03/2020 11:00, fred wrote:
On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 9:25:11 AM UTC, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
On 10/03/2020 08:57, fred wrote:
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

Impossible to say since it says nothing about what it talks at the
far end

Which al goes to prove I know f/a about electricals

This is where I started

https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/...nJ?projector=1

Can't see that...

He is an aussie so alarm bells ring

This is the relay he is using

https://www.edwardes.co.uk/products/...-motor-starter

That's a direct online starter - so it combines switching, usually with
no-volt release, and overload protection (although the overload
protection could well have its own enclosure).

Not having seen the documentation for it, its hard to know if it also
supports remote switching. If it does then that might be ideal.

It should do. The green button is a push to make spring loaded switch.
There are usually terminals available for remote switching (I know it
says remote switching on the diagram but that would apply to the green
button on the DOL.

Note the hold on contactor in the diagram.

https://www.electronicshub.org/dol-starter/

and how the red stop switch (locks when you press it and needs a manual
turn to reset it) will kill the power even if the green button is pressed.
--
Adam