Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default electrical experts please

I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 8:57:53 AM UTC, fred wrote:
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

Whoops

This is what I was referring to

https://www.amazon.de/AC80-260V-1Cha...2B0W7XVA63TRJ8
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred expressed precisely :
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

On its own, no!

It also depends what sort of control is needed of the machine and any
safety implications if the remote fails to respond.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 08:57, fred wrote:
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

Impossible to say since it says nothing about what it talks at the far end

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 09:02, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
fred expressed precisely :
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

On its own, no!

It also depends what sort of control is needed of the machine and any
safety implications if the remote fails to respond.

You probably want to start with a 3 phase contactor and drive THAT from
one of these remotes...

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/contactors/3949790/

....could be driven by a simple mains switching remote.

I'd put a damn great red button break in series with it tho for when the
remote doesn't work... Harry has a very good point!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 09:02, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
fred expressed precisely :
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

On its own, no!

It also depends what sort of control is needed of the machine and any
safety implications if the remote fails to respond.

You probably want to start with a 3 phase contactor and drive THAT from
one of these remotes...

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/contactors/3949790/

...could be driven by a simple mains switching remote.

I'd put a damn great red button break in series with it tho for when the
remote doesn't work... Harry has a very good point!

There is also the issue of how far away you want to be. I have 13 amp
sockets which I can control using a mobile phone. The sockets use wifi
to connect to my broadband router.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 08:59, fred wrote:
On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 8:57:53 AM UTC, fred wrote:
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

Whoops

This is what I was referring to

https://www.amazon.de/AC80-260V-1Cha...2B0W7XVA63TRJ8

As the others said, it won't control a three phase load directly since
its intended as a light switch it will be only switching one pole, and
you need three or four (depending on if your three phase machine has a
neutral or not), and also it will have very limited current switching
capability (and that might be even more limited when switching inductive
loads like motors).

You could use it to remotely switch a three phase contactor or possibly
even a variable frequency drive.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 9:25:11 AM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/03/2020 08:57, fred wrote:
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

Impossible to say since it says nothing about what it talks at the far end

Which al goes to prove I know f/a about electricals

This is where I started

https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/...nJ?projector=1

He is an aussie so alarm bells ring

This is the relay he is using

https://www.edwardes.co.uk/products/...-motor-starter

and this the remote

https://www.amazon.de/AC80-260V-1Cha...2B0W7XVA63TRJ8

Its to be used as remote control for this

https://uk.feldershop.com/en/Extract...-3x-400-V.html

It all looks pukka but the as I say I know precious little about electricals

Opinions please
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes you would need a relay, but surely if you are going to actually use this
machine, would not somebody be operating its other functions, you need an NC
machine to be able to do all the adjustments remotely. I cannot think of any
reason for doing this unless you are machining something radioactive or
toxic like beryllium or plutonium!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/03/2020 08:59, fred wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

Yes you would need a relay, but surely if you are going to actually use
this machine, would not somebody be operating its other functions, you
need an NC machine to be able to do all the adjustments remotely. I cannot
think of any reason for doing this unless you are machining something
radioactive or toxic like beryllium or plutonium!

It could be a big 3 phase pump or something like that.

Lots of them around here, its an irrigation area. Some
feeding massive great lateral move sprinkler systems.

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/03/2020 08:59, fred wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 07:28 am in Australia and this Senile Australian Cretin has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER SIX HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 07:28:29 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

07:28??? LOL Don't you want to sleep and die AT ALL, you obnoxious pest? LOL

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/03/2020 08:57, fred wrote:
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

Impossible to say since it says nothing about what it talks at the far end

Which al goes to prove I know f/a about electricals

This is where I started

https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/...nJ?projector=1

Can't see that...

He is an aussie so alarm bells ring

This is the relay he is using

https://www.edwardes.co.uk/products/...-motor-starter

That's a direct online starter - so it combines switching, usually with
no-volt release, and overload protection (although the overload
protection could well have its own enclosure).

Not having seen the documentation for it, its hard to know if it also
supports remote switching. If it does then that might be ideal.

and this the remote

https://www.amazon.de/AC80-260V-1Cha...2B0W7XVA63TRJ8

Its to be used as remote control for this

https://uk.feldershop.com/en/Extract...-3x-400-V.html

IIUC that model is available with the choice of single or three phase motor.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:
On 10/03/2020 08:57, fred wrote:
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

Impossible to say since it says nothing about what it talks at the
far end

Which al goes to prove I know f/a about electricals

This is where I started

https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/...nJ?projector=1

Can't see that...

He is an aussie so alarm bells ring

This is the relay he is using

https://www.edwardes.co.uk/products/...-motor-starter

That's a direct online starter - so it combines switching, usually with
no-volt release, and overload protection (although the overload
protection could well have its own enclosure).

Not having seen the documentation for it, its hard to know if it also
supports remote switching. If it does then that might be ideal.

It should do. The green button is a push to make spring loaded switch.
There are usually terminals available for remote switching (I know it
says remote switching on the diagram but that would apply to the green
button on the DOL.

Note the hold on contactor in the diagram.

https://www.electronicshub.org/dol-starter/

and how the red stop switch (locks when you press it and needs a manual
turn to reset it) will kill the power even if the green button is pressed.
--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:
On 10/03/2020 08:57, fred wrote:
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

Impossible to say since it says nothing about what it talks at the
far end

--
Truth welcomes investigation because truth knows investigation will
lead

[...]

Sorry it also says switch as well as remote switching.

Remote starts in parallel and remote stops in series.

--
Adam