Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default I want to improve my front door lock

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:51:06 -0500, Sam E
wrote:

On 3/9/20 6:55 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:

[snip]

Con: If I can unlock it over the Internet, in theory so can anyone else.

And if this uses one of those "voice assistants" Google (or one of those
other big companies) can unlock your door.

[snip]

A couple of Amazon Echo or Dot devices came with the system but we've left
those things safely tucked away in their original boxes. They are an
optional component, but if we were to plug them in and add them to the
system, then yes, we could lock/unlock or check current status of anything
in the system via voice control, while simultaneously opening another
avenue for potential hacking.