TURTLE

Default connecting aluminum to copper wiring

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message ...
According to TURTLE :

Chris explained the changing over but i suggest that you stay with the same wire types and just run all AL. and use a juction

box
and keep all the wire the same to not convert over. Just a thought.

As I understood the OP, the splice would be made in the stove's
old electrical box used as a junction box. As that's probably
a standard 4" square box, it'll actually be bigger than a standard
J box.

Splicing aluminum-to-aluminum is effectively the same as splicing copper
to aluminum (proper clamps, antioxidant grease et. al.).

[Even aluminum-to-aluminum doesn't allow him to use wirenuts I don't
think. Only copper-to-copper splicing would.]

At best the OP'd potentially save a few dollars (in wire cost) at
the expense of having the splice harder to do (stuff in stiffer/thicker
wire), and the extension wire harder to find.

So, I don't think the OP would gain anything useful by extending the
circuit with aluminum.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

This is Turtle.

It seem here you feel like just talking about something that does not make any difference.

TURTLE

---