Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default electrical experts please

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

Yes you would need a relay, but surely if you are going to actually use
this machine, would not somebody be operating its other functions, you
need an NC machine to be able to do all the adjustments remotely. I cannot
think of any reason for doing this unless you are machining something
radioactive or toxic like beryllium or plutonium!

It could be a big 3 phase pump or something like that.

Lots of them around here, its an irrigation area. Some
feeding massive great lateral move sprinkler systems.

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 10/03/2020 08:59, fred wrote:
On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 8:57:53 AM UTC, fred wrote:
I wish to remotely control a 3 phase machine. Will this

http://www.emyloworld.com/products/details-34-80.html

do the job.

Whoops

This is what I was referring to

https://www.amazon.de/AC80-260V-1Cha...2B0W7XVA63TRJ8

As the others said, it won't control a three phase load directly since
its intended as a light switch it will be only switching one pole, and
you need three or four (depending on if your three phase machine has a
neutral or not), and also it will have very limited current switching
capability (and that might be even more limited when switching inductive
loads like motors).

You could use it to remotely switch a three phase contactor or possibly
even a variable frequency drive.

--
Cheers,

John.