Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Chalet style house insulation.

This is called painting oneself into a comer. He should have asked the
insulation question first. I'd have thought that rather obvious in your
description of the build. Seems an odd property to buy, unless it was
really dirt cheap.
Of course a lot of people have lived in such houses for years and its only
as fuel costs increase the folly of the design becomes apparent.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Tricky Dicky explained :
I suppose you could simply add studs without removing the PB, fill the
spaces with batts or celutex, add a vapour barrier and re-plasterboard.

I suggested that, but he has spent a small fortune on fitted furniture
along the walls and up to the walls.