Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default blower resistor again...

On 10/03/2020 09:46, alan_m wrote:
On 09/03/2020 18:36, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... submitted this idea :
On 09/03/2020 17:43, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Dig out the resistor pack today from the blower after hanging upside
down under the dash...seems it is the thermal fuse that has gone all
the resistances test OK and no wiring or connectors are melted....
....Thermal 216c fuse is £1.50 on ebay....do you think it will solve
my problem if I replace it? ...and can I just short out the thermal
fuse and see if all is working ? ...would have thought so ...
it looks welded on...can I just solder the new one on ? ....

You can short it for a brief test, but it is there to prevent it
overheating and potentially a fire.

No you cannot solder it, the heat would melt the solder.

Some sort of mechanical connection is the only way - tiny nut and
bolts, crimps, or point contact welding.

The thermal fuse I replaced in my resistor pack was around 125C and
worked OK for 5+ years afterwards.

On my resistor pack the fuse was physically around 1cm away from the
resistors with an air gap between

just replaced the thermal fuse with a bit of wire ...all speeds working
again...216c thermal fuse in the post to me...