Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default blower resistor again...

On 09/03/2020 22:13, alan_m wrote:
On 09/03/2020 20:26, Brian Reay wrote:

Even worse, the all kinds of 'cr*p', including leaves, can end up in
the heater. Often, there is space for one in the basic model - they
just don't put the filter(s) in. Worth finding out and inserting.
Helps if someone has Hay Fever as well.

On the one I fixed by replacing the thermal fuse I found the motor shaft
showing some signs of rust so out with the dip stick and one drop of
engine oil was run down the shaft to the bearing.

When I replaced the thermal fuse I cut the wires on the old fuse close
to the body of the fuse. This left enough wire to fold over to make a
mechanical connection to the new fuse leads before soldering.

good tip thanks