Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default blower resistor again...

Is the motor a brushed on, and is it worn or damaged internally? The extra
current spikes from a faulty motor can easily blow fuses., what else
protects the thing if the motor seizes and shorts out the supply, do the
resistors catch fire?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
Dig out the resistor pack today from the blower after hanging upside down
under the dash...seems it is the thermal fuse that has gone all the
resistances test OK and no wiring or connectors are melted.... ....Thermal
216c fuse is £1.50 on ebay....do you think it will solve my problem if I
replace it? ...and can I just short out the thermal fuse and see if all is
working ? ...would have thought so ...