Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default blower resistor again...

On 09/03/2020 20:02, Brian Reay wrote:
On 09/03/2020 19:52, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 09/03/2020 19:33, Lee wrote:
On 09/03/2020 17:43, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Dig out the resistor pack today from the blower after hanging upside
down under the dash...seems it is the thermal fuse that has gone all
the resistances test OK and no wiring or connectors are melted....
....Thermal 216c fuse is £1.50 on ebay....do you think it will solve
my problem if I replace it? ...and can I just short out the thermal
fuse and see if all is working ? ...would have thought so ...

I take it you have seen the videos/reports of *certain* cars going up
in flames because of overheating fan resistor packs? Watchdog did a
feature about it ISTR...

Just a helpful note, check the cabin filter isn't clogged, for
obvious reasons.

haven't seen that...I will check the filter thanks

If you've never changed the Duster's cabin filter since you got it, I'm
not surprised it overheated. It must stink.

I was told being the basic model it didn't have one....let you know
tomorrow...tee hee.....did the merc and it was quite clean after 15
years....