Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default CCTV advice please.

williamwright wrote
T i m wrote

If you can get power to them you should obviously not use wireless ones.

Obviously? How does the difficulty of running cables compare with the
potential ease of finding power local to the cameras?

Where does he say he can find local power?

Doesnt need to given that almost everyone can much
more easily than running a cable back to the router.

It's no more trouble to run RG59+2 than it is to run a power-only cable.

Except he's expressly stated he won't be running any 'data'/ signal'
cable

For no good reason.

There can be in plenty of situations.

That's my point.

You never had one.

He has a misapprehension that I have corrected.

You have done nothing of the sort;

What if say it's a listed building,

What if it's a little house in the forest made of chocolate? What if it's
an ice hotel and will melt when Spring comes? What if he lives in a
****ing cardboard box?

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

And why not get a proper dedicated recorder?

Why not indeed. You could have asked "Have you considered a dedicated
recorder (that will allow easy configuration of Wireless IP cameras)"

So you are correcting my phraseology now are you?

Nope.

Is an IP recorder that will support a WiFi cam sill going to be 'as cheap
as chips' and easy to connect with WiFi IP cameras?

Absolutely. Yes.