Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default I want to improve my front door lock

In article , says...

I'm pretty much old school and the fewer such doodads to have to have
the better--albeit will admit the car fob is handy but would I want
another one for the house? Don't think so...but ceratainly wouldn't
want to be interchangeable or something like that. And, I'm not a smart
phone kind of guy to put stuff on apps, either...

I like the car fob where I just touch the door to lock and unlock it and
start with the push of a button on the dash . I would not want one for
the house, but I have a garage and leave the door to the house unlocked
when away. So a press of the garage door opener and I can get into the
house. I also have a hidden door key and a garage door opener on the
outside wall that a combination will get me in the garage where the
house door is normally open.

I am not too much for the smart phone apps either. I did get a Google
'smart screen' Hay Goodle device for Christmas but have not implimented
it to do anything around the house. Just can not think of what I would
want it to do. I did get a few of the 120 volt plug ins that let me
turn things off and on,but have not found any use for them yet.