Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default CCTV advice please.

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 13:59:32 +0000, Michael Chare
wrote:

On 09/03/2020 10:17, Newman wrote:
Following some escalation in attempted or successful break-ins in our
village, we wish to install some cctv.

To begin with I think that 2 wireless cameras with the facility to
record to a router usb disc or a pc HDD. It will not be possible to run
a network cable anywhere.

Any suggestions for a mid-priced secure setup?

You can buy ethernet cable suitable for installing outside, if that
helps.

Many people don't have the time, interest or option to 'run cables' to
things these days and hence why they go for the WiFi options. This is
pretty clear from the number of Wireless alarm systems in use today
and where people can't even be bothered to put an ignition key in
their car. ;-)

don't think I'd want to run a cable to my car. People might trip over it.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England