Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default dash now

On 08/03/2020 15:51, PeterC wrote:
On Sun, 8 Mar 2020 10:01:19 +0000, Pancho wrote:

On 07/03/2020 12:39, Pancho wrote:
On 07/03/2020 09:54, Pancho wrote:

Vodka go upto 95%

No. 95 proof possibly - about 46%

although you can but almost pure alcohol industrially or commercially
its blended down sub 50% for human consumption

Nyet! I meant 95% ABV.

I remember proof from a long time ago, I don't think I have seen it
used recently.
Point me to a place where 95% vodka is on retail sale or I'll call you a
liar.

Sigh!, 2 minutes google.

https://drizly.com/liquor/vodka/stawski-luksusowy-192-proof-spirytus/p68164

The whiskey I originally linked to is 60% ABV. Which is in the alcohol
range of hand sanitizers.

76% alcohol is 133° proof (Navy gin is 57% to meet the 100° proof required
so that it doesn't stop gunpowder from burning).
The highest proof is 175° - 100% alcohol, but that don't come in bottles in
shops.

Heh heh. we had 2-litre winchester bottles of pure lab grade ethanol,
plus several others with methanol, and ethanol with less than 100%
pure for fixing blood and bone marrow slides and other in-vitro lab
tests.

Every year the Dean of the medical school had to warn the new students
not to try and pally up to the female lab technicians, in the hope of
something to enhance their normal source of alcohol.