Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Singer sewing machine foot control

wrote:
It's just the 'improvement' that was patented then. Resistive piles were
in use in the 1800s, and wirewound blocks with a wiper arm were a more

In the 1800s? Do you really mean in the period 1800 to 1810? Or did
you mean some time in the 19th century? I wouldn't have thought there
was anything electric powered anywhere in the 1800 - 1810 period.

common sewing machine foot control option.

I'd expect far better performance from the wiper type than a carbon pile.

NT

--
Chris Green
ยท