Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default cash machines

On 08/03/2020 14:01, Jim Stewart wrote:
On 08/03/2020 13:24, Brian Reay wrote:
On 08/03/2020 12:49, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 08 Mar 2020 11:23:51 +0000, ARW wrote:

On 07/03/2020 15:04, Jim Stewart wrote:
is there a problem with your englash cash machines ... in Workington
today which is a ******** anyway and the machine gave me £100 in
bloody
fivers....those plastic twenties causing trouble ?...AND the ****s
won't take Scottish notes.....

Only ********s have cash machines with £5 notes in them.

I was interested to find a local machine that had lower denomination
notes than any nearby.

Inside the (third tier) university nearby. Doesn't seem to the the case
at the (posher) one.

I find having, at least a few, lower denomination notes useful. For
various reasons, we often have to 'hunt' for £5 notes.

I was sure that machine gave fivers because of problems with the new £20
notes....not seen a machine that gave fivers for years .....

Barclays have 'ASD' machines inside their branches that let you choose
which denomination notes you want (as well as doing other things like
paying in cheques). I use cards to buy things mostly, but occasionally
draw out £50 in £5s.

--
Max Demian