Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default cash machines

On 08/03/2020 12:16, Peter Johnson wrote:
On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 15:04:08 +0000, Jim Stewart
wrote:

is there a problem with your englash cash machines ... in Workington
today which is a ******** anyway and the machine gave me £100 in bloody
fivers....those plastic twenties causing trouble ?...AND the ****s won't
take Scottish notes.....

A long time ago a NatWest machine gave me £100 in £1 notes.

That must have been a long time back. I remember an American friend
whose son wanted some English coins and a pound note for his school
'show and tell' asking if I could help. At the time the pound notes
were already uncommon in change etc. but, fortunately, I had one in the
English money I had with me. The lad must be in his 40s now.