Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default dash now

On 07/03/2020 09:36, Rod Speed wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message
On 06/03/2020 19:51, Rod Speed wrote:

"nightjar" wrote in message

I've never had a car that won't be used for a while.

It was while you were on holiday or something like that.

When I go away, I either drive where I am going or, more rarely these
days, leave my car in an airport car park.

You didnt then.

When is 'then' supposed to be? The only thing about that pattern that
has changed since I first owned a car is the relative probability of my
driving to my destination or driving to the airport.

As I said, I have never laid a car up. I hadn't even heard of the idea
of wrapping the wheels in brown paper until you mentioned it earlier in
this thread. I don't see the point either. If you want to keep oxygen
from them, plastic would be better. If you want to protect them from
direct sunlight, simply do what a caravan owner I knew did - place a
sheet of plywood up against the wheel.

--
Colin Bignell