Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur
Jim Stewart[_4_] Jim Stewart[_4_] is offline

Default dash now

On 07/03/2020 12:26, nightjar wrote:
On 07/03/2020 09:30, Jim Stewart wrote:
On 07/03/2020 09:21, nightjar wrote:
On 06/03/2020 19:51, Rod Speed wrote:

It was while you were on holiday or something like that.
When I go away, I either drive where I am going or, more rarely these
days, leave my car in an airport car park.

and when you come back the battery is flat because of the current
drain that modern cars have

The car automatically shuts down power feeds, other than parking lights
and the alarm, after it has been switched off for a certain amount of
time. That caused problems for the engineer who fitted the Tracker unit.
He eventually had to run a wire straight from the battery, as he
couldn't find any power lead that stayed on overnight.

unusual you can leave old cars about a month and they start right
up...shows great strength of character....I have found more modern cars
don't ....