Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default Singer sewing machine foot control

On Saturday, 7 March 2020 07:39:23 UTC, harry wrote:
On Friday, 6 March 2020 22:49:53 UTC, John wrote:
Roger Mills wrote in
:

Thanks, but that 'kit' consists only of a capacitor - and I have
already ordered a similar one from a different source. Look like I
could so with replacing the carbon pile rheostat - but no-one seems to
sell those.

I wonder if there is an all electronic replacement.

The voltage spikes generated by that sort of motor would probably ruin an electronic device. An additional capacitor might fix the problem.

Not sure how electronic that old a sewing machine would have?

This is a link to replacement controllers and how to select them:

https://www.uksewing.com/pages/singer-foot-control

My (limited) experience of Singers of that sort of era would lead me to consider replacement of the machine (unless it is something special). Partner traded in her old (non-Singer) machine for a very nice secondhand Bernina.