Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default indirect lighting onto ceiling

On Saturday, 7 March 2020 00:06:17 UTC, TimW wrote:

My study is being redecorated after the need to dig under the floor to
replace the incoming water main. I am refitting the fitted bookcases
across one wall and I have a wire in place to add some lighting. I want
lights behind the cornice of the bookcases shining onto the ceiling for
a nice gentle dffused effect.

In the few years since I last looked everything has gone LED and I have
no idea what kind of fitting I need. An LED cord? A batten? or battens?
In the olden days you might have used fluorescent tubes, but not now.
The bookcase is all of one wall, 2.5m wide and the cornice is about
300mm below the ceiling. I have some foil tape to make it all reflective.

What sort of light is needed in this situation?

TW

LED tape. You can get warm white, cool white, RGB and self colour changing RGB.

NT