Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.radio.amateur
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default dash now

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Chris Green" wrote in message
alan_m wrote:
On 06/03/2020 11:29, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 06 Mar 2020 10:31:56 +0000, Jim Stewart wrote:

Home bargains in Hawick has hand sanitiser two bottles per
customer.......

Just bveen down to Aldi. Stripped bare of the large packs of loo rolls
and a few other things.

I bought my monthly donation to the food bank (a trolley load) and
someone apparently said I was panic buying. The staff soon put them
right.

Panic buying of toilet rolls around my way and the shelves are bare.

What is one supposed to do with a toilet roll that helps avoid a viral
infection? ... or shouldn't I ask?

Presumably its to dry your hands with after washing them or using the
cream. They're then flushed down the lavatory.

Cant be that. No one is furiously washing their hands here
yet because there have been no confirmed infected people
in my substantial town yet, or anywhere near it, an yet the
shelves are bare of dunny paper and the supermarkets will
only let you buy a couple now when they have any.

Its cheaper than using paper towels and using ordinary towels might pass
on the the infection,

And yet the official hand washing instructions say
nothing about drying your hands with dunny paper.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-5...w-germs-spread

Its probably all ******** but was probably recommended
on a TV programme or something.

No it isnt here.