Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Red diesel

Andrew wrote:
On 05/03/2020 12:19, John Rumm wrote:
On 05/03/2020 10:24, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Andy Burns explained on 04/03/2020 :
I thought there was talk of a rebate scheme of some sort for farmers
(but not other users such as canal boats) quite surprised that 15% of
all diesel sales are red diesel ...

It's difficult to find a red diesel pump around here, for when I have
wanted some, so I guess much of it is delivered to tanks on company
premises where is is used.

Quite often you get it in drums from fuel oil suppliers, rather than "on
tap" so to speak.

Strangely enough there is a old filling stattion on the main A29
heading south of Horsham that has a red derv pump. Even their
electronic sign at the front shows the price. They do white
diesel and 4* too.

It's the only filling station that I have seen in recent years
selling it.

The Morrisons in Ipswich has two red diesel pumps.

--
Chris Green
ยท