Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Red diesel

On 04/03/2020 12:47, newshound wrote:
On 04/03/2020 12:16, Roger Hayter wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 04/03/2020 11:22, newshound wrote:
On 04/03/2020 11:05, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Not just "**** Business", then. **** the farmers too.

why not?..

Seems to be official UK Treasury policy now - we don't apparently need
farmers or fishermen if their special advisors hold sway.

https://www.independent.ie/business/...-39003338.html

They mostly voted for Brexit too and will be the first to be shafted.

Indeed.Â*Â* Anyone (except billionaires) who voted for Boris because they
were told to be scared of Corbyn deserves all they get.Â* I for one will
laugh at those queuing for foodbanks in Sunderland after voting for
Boris.

I was sort of assuming that dropping the lower duty meant it would
revert to road rates. I thought that on the whole ordinary farmers were
very anti-brexit.

No they are conservative little Englander types that like chasing foxes.
They do blame the EU for all sorts of strange things though.

The big boys who farm zillions of monoculture acres of cereal can do the
sums and were mostly pro-EU but the little guys who eke out a living on
the edge of the moors blamed the EU for just about everything. They will
likely see the price of lamb fall even further as a result of Brexit.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown