Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_13_] Graham.[_13_] is offline

Default Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.

(Roger Hayter) Wrote in message:
wrote:

On 04/03/2020 00:18, Graham. wrote:

I've just ordered a litre of IPA, I going to decant it into small
plastic bottles with a little hand cream.

Couldn't find any in the shops.

Typing ALK into Google suggests this is a hot topic.

Snap! I was going to say I'd done the same thing, but I ordered 5 litres
because it's useful stuff to have around (unless there's a fire!).

Does anyone know whether emollients such as Diprobase make good carriers
for the alcohol?

A cream *might* work if the alcohol doesn't disrupt the function of the
emulsifiers, but alcohol won't mix with a hydrocarbon-based ointment.

--

Roger Hayter

So it becomes an emulsion then?
Just shake well before use.