Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Did we somehow ruin the next generation?

On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 11:18:36 +0000, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

T i m wrote:

Like all those log cabin type building they show you on the TV
programs.

There seem to be some great skills there, things like cutting the
special angled joints with a chain saw, and a lot of pretty
unsafe behaviour.

Agreed. Also the use of what looks like a 1" diameter peg to hold an
18" diameter beam in place? I know it's not actually taking any
'weight' as such but if anything was to move, I'm not sure it would
hold it or just shear off?

And the new builders are one thing as they often pre-fab the structure
in their big barn, it's the guys that take a 100 year old outbuilding
to pieces and rebuild it somewhere else that get my respect (ignoring
how they sometimes take them to pieces).

Cheers, T i m