Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Extemporaneous hand sanitizer.

Jeff Layman wrote:
On 04/03/20 07:38, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 00:18:56 +0000, Graham. wrote:

I've just ordered a litre of IPA, I going to decant it into small
plastic bottles with a little hand cream.

A quick google for ingredients shows glycerin might also work instead of hand
cream. ISTR that maximum effect is not at the highest concentration of IPA.

See last bullet point he
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_sanitizer#Composition

Hand cream is ingenious, though!

Couldn't find what they use for a thickener in gel formulations...

For high-alcohol formulations fumed silica can be used as the gelling agent.

See my response to Roger- that is essentially how some of the Sterno
substitutes are made but with different gelling agents.