Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Modern keys...

On 03/03/2020 23:24, alan_m wrote:
My DG front door is similar BUT on first pulling the door closed one
cannot enter again without the key. Then pulling up on the handle
engages a further multipoint locking mechanism which can be disabled
again by pulling down on the handle unless the key is inserted and
turned to further lock the multipoint mechanism

The same locking mechanism works slightly differently from inside in
that the door can be opened without a key unless the multipoint
mechanism is engaged AND locked in place with the key.

An elderly friend has this: I keep a piece of bent metal strip outside
his house so I can push it through the letterbox and open the door from
'outside'.

--
In a Time of Universal Deceit, Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act.

- George Orwell