Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Modern keys...

On 03/03/2020 20:47, Chris J Dixon wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

That is in fact the issue. Years ago when I was burgled, the French
doors were unlocked. Fortunately the perps were a bit thick and had
jemmied a window instead. I got paid OK

I bought a house, over 40 years ago, from a police sergeant. The
only thing securing the outward opening timber French door was a
bathroom door bolt, which would not have delayed anybody for more
than a few moments.

All that held that window in place was a swivel catch. I reckon less
than a second to get in the 'fully locked' entrance.

To be honest a vibro saw would have cut though the lath and render wall
in under a minute..

It makes nonsense of door locks, but that's what the insurance company
likes isn't it? Chubbs on the doors.

The last way I'd force entry to my house is through a door.

Chris

Lucas Bergkamp