Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Did we somehow ruin the next generation?

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I used to
tinker with my Mini 50 years ago and mostly made a mess of it, so I
gave up.

They never came any simpler, than a mini.

Mini wasn't that simple a car to work on. Compared to say a Morris Minor.

I know I wrote my 1963 mini 850 off in 1970 and built it into another
body shell when I was 17....best thing that ever happened as being a
good mechanic has saved me a fortune over the last 50 years......OMG the
memories....rubber suspension units requiring a compressor stupid engine
above the gearbox with idling gear bearings that used to go....rotten
rear subframe ..engine tie bar rubber problems etc etc ,,,,