Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Modern keys...

Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 02/03/2020 22:10, alan_m wrote:
I do wonder if the OP has the right type of lock on his front door.
Every lock I've had on front doors has needed a key to open once the
door has been closed. An extra turn of the key has been required to
dead lock it.

I run 100% on chubb type locks. No door in this house locks on closing.
All require a key.

Live on your own, then? Or just don't care about other's safety?

It may come as a surprise to you but in many parts of the country we dont
feel the need to have locked doors when were in the house.

We rarely lock ours when we're out of the house!

--
Chris Green
ยท