Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Did we somehow ruin the next generation?

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 03 Mar 2020 13:44:48 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 03 Mar 2020 11:21:24 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I used to tinker with my Mini 50 years ago and mostly made a mess
of it, so I gave up.

They never came any simpler, than a mini.

Mini wasn't that simple a car to work on. Compared to say a Morris
Minor.

Apart from changing the brake master cylinder, as I recall.

True. ;-)

I changed that for a 1952 Series I Land Rover. I did the front UJ seals
on that. The harder one was the clutch change - single handed.

Very heavy box?

Easiest clutch change I ever did on a RWD was a Mk1 Escort. Finished
before elevenses. ;-)

But the Triumph 1300 FWD took the biscuit. All done from inside the car
without removing the box or engine.

--
*Remember: First you pillage, then you burn.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.