Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Modern keys...

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Tue, 03 Mar 2020 09:29:47 +0000, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I run 100% on chubb type locks. No door in this house locks on closing.
All require a key.

+1

Chris

+2

All my outer doors are double glazed PVC units with a modern locking
systems. Close the door; lift the handle to engage the several locking
points; turn the key one revolution; remove the key. No extra turn or
dead-locking. Older doors, with a single mortise lock or whatever,
might be different I suppose.

Ours too. However, the locksmith was pretty disparaging about the lock
security when I went for some extra keys.

Apparently the insert can be snapped easily and the lock operated with
simple tools.

For a modest sum he was keen to offer a d-i-y fittable version. On the
to do list....

--
Tim Lamb