Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Did we somehow ruin the next generation?

I built a door closer using left over meccano after I lost my sight.
Everyone thinks its great, but why don't they understand its simple
principle? I think Meccano was a teaching aid as indeed was a kit called
Radionics, both taught me a lot and made it fun.
No teacher involved either.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"R D S" wrote in message
On 02/03/2020 17:31, simon mitchelmore wrote:

Teachers should replace 'Meja' studies with Meccano and how to bodge
electrical appliances with insulating tape.

There's something of a catchphrase in our place,
"Hey Dad, good if [broken appliance/machine] was working wouldn't it?"

"Fix it then", I'll suggest, to be told, "I don't know how", like *I* was
somehow born with all the answers. I feel like I was a better influence
as they were growing up but people of that age are all just sort of
broken.

No they arent. Some of the ones I know are quite capable of doing
what you did at their age.