Posted to uk.d-i-y
John_j John_j is offline

Default Did we somehow ruin the next generation?

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 02/03/2020 16:44, R D S wrote:
I'm provoked to post this after the thread about whether people DIY or
not anymore.
I've been wondering for some time, in particular WRT my own kids (both
men now in their 20s) if their lives have been so much easier that
necessity has *not* bred any variant of invention.
They are so needy and incapable that I had occasionally wondered if they
were on some spectrum or other but I speak to other people my age and it
sounds par.

Blame the advertising industry.

Its actually due to the much higher standard of living and
the cost of appliances being much lower in real terms.

Capitalism at its best.

With the much lower cost of appliances, yep.

Breed more helpless children

Not even possible to do that and it isnt breeding
its what their parents do bringing up wise.

so that they can become just consumers, to line the pockets of the
decreasing few.

It isnt in fact a decreasing few either. Now that
almost everyone has their pensions invested in
the operations that are selling the stuff to
consumers, its all but those with no jobs now.

Promote sex, money & Rock 'n' roll. Damn everything else

--
Adrian C