Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Home printer recommendations please!

"David Paste" wrote in message
(Yeah, sorry...)

Just sent the old colour HP laser to the holiday resort of
no return. Didn't really use the colour that much so B&W
would be fine.

Has inkjet still got the clogging problems of old?

Any new technology come on the the market?

Use will be infrequent; maybe at most 10 A4 sheets a month.

I currently dont bother with a printer for a volume like that.
The local library has an email address I email what I want
printed to and I go there, insert a coin and it gets printed
for 20c a page. Even with the cost of the car to get there
and back for an urgent print instead of when I am next
out, even a free printer and a set of non kosher inks carts
cant compete with that for that volume. And I dont even
do 10 sheets a month, not even 10 sheets a year now.