Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default fan belt

In your universe, perhaps.In article
, harry
wrote:
On Monday, 2 March 2020 14:23:02 UTC, Andrew wrote:
In article , Steve Walker
wrote:
The alternators are far bigger than anything needed for an electric
fan - on my previous car, it could drive a 1kW electric heater to
speed up heating of the car, as the highly efficient diesel was too
slow to warm up in the winter!

Why not an aux diesel burning heater? Far better than a puny 1kW.

BTW, 1kW is only just over 1 BHP. Some fans take more than that.

0.476Kw = 1HP

In your universe, perhaps. On Earth it 748 watts to 1 horsepower.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England