Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Best rig-up to charge batteries from solar?

On 01/03/2020 01:37, Harold Davis wrote:
Coronavirus advice sought. Say the mains electricity goes off for a long
time. What is the best solar rig-up for charging batteries for my radio,
music player, electric toothbrush, and torches? I won't need to charge
more
than six AAs or four Ds at a time, but a bit of redundancy wouldn't go
amiss so that I can help out my elderly neighbours. Most important is the
radio.

Some kind of simple setup, say with a single panel producing 12V
connected
to a 12V battery charger if they exist would be preferred, but I am
open to
all recommendations!

buy diesel and run your car
far more reliable

Buy red diesel and get an old MF 35 with a genny
on the 3-point linkage. Farming relatives had one
to keep the milking parlour and bulk tank going if
the power went off.