Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Flues cross my boundary - whar are the regs

Would you not ask the neighbours? After all its polite is it not?
I used to go for long walks, but to get to the fields here was a public
footpath alongside some new build housing. One day, I hit my head on
something, and it was a pipe, with a kind of baffle over it poking out of
the side wall of the house on the end.It was obviously a flue of some kind.
I pointed it out to the council. What did they do? Got the homeowner to
paint it bright yellow.
What can one say?
Bah Humbug.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Hydeprak" m wrote in
message oupdirect.com...
replying to Andy, Hydeprak wrote:
I have a similar issue. Building Control advised that it is not their
issue.
Building Control said take it up with the gas registered engineer who
installed it. Gas Safe have guidelines for flume installation and that is
what they are, guidelines not regulations. They say in their document that
their guidelines can not be enforced. Therefore, it seems, people are free
place pipes over other peoples boundary so long as the gas pipes have been
fitted by a gas registered engineer and the council will say all is ok.
The
only way is go through the courts either on a nuisance case, trespass or
inability to build on your own land. Costly and no guarantee the pipes
will be
moved. Such a weird system. Building regulations and Gas safe have no
powers
where a flume is placed. Build Control Officer don't want to get involved
in
boundary disputes. My point is should nt they not allow people to place
pipes
on private land? how is that safe? When someone wants to build on their
own
land all adjacent pipes that emit fumes and steam will hit the boundary
wall.
Confused and perplexed. I would never do this to anyone. Its so petty.
--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...egs-82951-.htm