Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Surprising rechargeable cell life

Well that has not been my experience. I cannot see charge remaining
displays, but my Remmington has one I know in the shape of a cell. It now
refuses to charge or run from its mains supply, even though it used to.
Modern ones have such a weedy mains unit that you can only charge, not run
the shaver from them.
Bah Humbug.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote :
If you get 18 months out of one then you are doing well, and in the old
ones you could remove the old ones as a pack, and get a new set, most
nowadays seem to suggest you break the shaver to remove the batteries to
recycle then buy a new Shaver, you listening Remington?

I have a 12 year old Philishave and a 3 year old Lidl shaver, both used
only very occasionally, Philishave in the house, Lidl in the caravan. Each
has a charge remaining display and both will still show 100% if unused for
many months.