Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Surprising rechargeable cell life

On 01/03/2020 14:20, Brian Reay wrote:
Id have said NiMH. I find NiMH cells / batteries not only hold a charge
for a long time but NiCds dont.

The reverse is actually true.

Ive some cheapish NiMH cells I made into
batteries around 2001 /2 which are still good. I check them perhaps every
couple of months or so, sometimes top them up ( they are for amateur radio
transceivers), and they seem fine.

Conversely, when I used to use NiCads, they died if you stored them and
didnt charge them before they €˜reversed themselves- sometimes within a
month.

Bad cells.

--
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to
rule.